Monday, October 1, 2007

Sadie is speaking her mind. She speaks it loudly and with a sharp, curt "Aaht!" Just try and take something from her. She furrows her brows and "Aaht!" Give her kisses when she rather not. Her head turns away and "Aaht!" Change her diaper "AaaaaaaHT!"

I had mixed feeling about this new development. Of course I want her to feel like her feelings are important, and I love that she is trying to communicate with me, but at the same time I miss my little baby. I miss my LITTLE baby. She's growing so fast. Before I know it, she'll be talking to me (or not talking to me) about all the woes of highschool, and then it'll be college, and before I know it i'm going to be an old woman wondering where all the time went. I guess that's why its important to live in the moment and appreciate where you are. It just goes so fast.

My little bug turns ONE in nine days. One year ago i was anxiously awaiting her arrival; dreaming up what it would be like to be a mom. Let me just tell you that it is better than I dreamed. She's changed my world. And though i had lived 24 years years without her, I can't imagine not having her in my life.

No comments: