Thursday, June 18, 2009

Overheard in Florida

Here are a few things I remember hearing over the two weeks I spent with my family in Florida.

"You so sweet, you make my teeth fall out!" - Mimi while talking to Sadie in the car on the way to chinese restaurant.

"That's so cute! Gotta buy it!" - Sadie refering to clothes while shopping at Wal-Mart with Mama, Jammie, and Mimi.

"Oh my gosh...that's...like...from a human!" - Kyle upon seeing the monsterous raisin-laden poo Jack deposited in his diaper.

"His head is so pretty. Its nice and round." - Grandma Walden complementing Jack.

"Look at his big head...I bet he got brains in there!...He got pointy ear like Spock. He gonna be success!" - Mimi, refering to Jack.

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Don't you know I'm Oriental?!" - Mimi, telling me how clean her floors are.

"Be a good girl!" - Sadie to mimi as we were leaving to drive back to San Antonio.

"He's like....a mini Jared that's portable." - Kevin in reference to Jack looking like Jared.

"This little piggie went to wal-mart, this little piggie stayed home..." Daddy's nursery rhyme to Jack.

"I strapped the tape recorder to my leg."- Papa telling me about how he recorded his missions in Vietnam to present to Washington DC while pioneering infrared technology as a pilot.

"I feel like I'm laying out." - Mama telling me why she doesn't mind driving around in a car without air conditioning in Florida.

"Whatever you feel like you need to tell yourself to accept your current situation." Me telling Mama what I thought about her reasoning for the aformentioned comment.


2 comments:

Jamie Hamilton said...

The mini portable Jared one is my favorite! and "laying out", too! LOL!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh- I love feeling like a fly on the wall. ;) Glad you are back and finally get to see you!