Friday, November 21, 2008

Another treasure!


Look what else I found in my treasure box! Troy and Lexi were the first of my friends to be married. I remember sitting in the relief society room in the Baton Rouge Stake Center, bawling my eyes out. The only other person crying as much or more was Troy's mama. I leaned over to whatever poor soul sitting next to my snotty mess of a self and cried "they're married for eternity!" The idea of being married for eternity was overwhelming (in a good way). I wanted to be like them. I wanted to have that kind of security. Eventually, I would. Funny thing, I didn't cry as much at my own wedding as I did at their ceremony!
Now, almost 6 years later, I still want to be like them. Troy and Lexi are the ideal couple. They've kept the ooglie-googlie-lovey-dovey in their relationship, have a sense of humor regarding life, and are truly one another's best friend. I see how they do thoughtful little things for one another and keep the fun in their marriage and I'm inspired.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

When I saw this post, I thought "Hey that looks like our wedding stationary!" And it was! I had to laugh and I dragged Troy off of the couch to come see. You are too cute- thank you for your nice words...you too are admired!

I also had to laugh at the part where you said Troy's Mom was the only other person crying harder, 'cause it was true! She had a hard time letting her baby {and favorite} go!

I can't believe you still have that! I too stash cards and letters, though not as far back as high school- there are some things I don't want to remember.

Troy and I still have little emails and love letters we sent to each other when we were dating on our yahoo accounts. It's fun to go back and read them.

He still teases me because Tom, David and Troy and I were at Sonic one night {way before we ever thought about dating} and Troy was talking about how he wasn't really interested in anyone in our ward. I told him "Don't worry, you'll meet a nice girl one day." I never knew that that girl would be me! Ahh memories. Thanks for the blast to the past!