Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

To all of you Daddies out there: today, I celebrate you. For all the "boo-boos" you kiss, and the monsters you chase from under the bed, for the times you transformed your child into a flying air-plane or carried them on your shoulders or rocked them back to sleep in the middle of the night. Remember, any man can be a 'father', but it takes a real man to be a 'daddy!'




This morning, even though it was Father's Day, Jared got up with Sadie at 6:30am, just like always. He's so sweet. See, this Father's Day weekend was more about Sadie and me since we've been sick since Friday night. He so lovingly spent the weekend taking care of us. That's why he's so wonderful and that's why he deserves to have a day to celebrate him. I wish I could have done more for him.

When I woke up he went back to sleep and I sprung into action. I...well, let me give Sadie her credit...we made Jared Strawberry Shortcake. Sadie helped me pour all of the ingredients into the bowl and stir it up. Then she helped me kneed the dough and shape it into hearts. We made a huge mess, but the end product was fabulous. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but remembered to take pictures of the huge mess we made!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

you did WAY more then we did! i hope you are feeling better.

Jenn said...

She said it! And I actually understood it. I bet those shortcakes were awesome.

Daniel said...

Pee pee??